Monday, February 2, 2009

Liberty!

So, I have been sitting around a lot lately and thinking about this concept of love. Love, which lately clogs my ability to write in linear terms and opens up arteries of sheer blood poetical theatrics in my paper journal. Love, which drives me crazy and keeps me sane. Love, which binds me in shackles and causes me to burst forth, warbling liberty! Liberty!

And the funniest thing about love as it exists in my life today is that I can trace the origins back to disappointment and loss. I lost a friend, and at the time that it happened, I thought to myself "Well, this certainly sucks, but I guess now that I no longer have this person in my life, I am open to someone new." I was compelled to seek those people out, and I am delighted with what I have found. From every angle. And it is not right to compare, but I have to say that all things considered, I have come out way ahead in the deal.

1 comment: