Sunday, February 15, 2009

Thanks

Did you ever think that you, yourself, would go through a “dumber than a box of rocks” stage? From the outside looking in it’s so easy to judge someone who is going through a difficult time and making some pretty apparent stupid choices, but when you’re on the inside it’s just not that simple.
Some people might say that I’m recovering from a dumber than a box of rocks stage. From the outside looking in, I’ve made a lot of pretty stupid decisions over the past couple of years. From my perspective the story’s a little bit different. I believe I made the wrong decisions, for the right reasons. Which hardly makes sense to me now, even as I’m writing it. I believe in living life by what you feel and staying true to yourself and what you know is right for you. I know that there is a definite difference between right and wrong. I believe that we are living so that we can experience life for what it is, so that we can live and make mistakes, but mainly so that we can learn and grow.
It has been SO DIFFICULT for me to come to this conclusion. It’s easy to say, especially when you’ve been taught it all of your life. When it came down to it though, I always tried to hold myself to a higher standard. I’ve always expected myself to be perfect. I didn’t allow for mistakes. Even though I was taught that we should learn from our mistakes, I didn’t think I should make them- ever! I have learned a lot over the past two years, and I have made a lot of mistakes. I guess what I’m trying to say is this: We all inevitably make mistakes, it’s how we learn from those mistakes that makes us who we are.
This outlook has given me a whole new perspective on life. There was a time when, from the outside looking in, I often thought, “How could that person be so dumb?” I view others with more compassion and understanding now.
My family and friends have been so patient for me during ALL THIS TIME. I look back, and see nothing but support, love, and concern for my welfare. They have been here for me through it all, even when I didn’t make them a priority in my life. I can truly say that I am a better person today because of their patience, support, and understanding. I would not be who I am today without the love of my true friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment