Monday, March 23, 2009

oh, oh

That night you took away a little more than just my breath, I swear that I was thinking about the summer or the words that I wrote on the walls that saved my life. I don’t care if I will never be the same, but everything just keeps reminding me of winter. Like the drive that I took on the night I lost my mind.

So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone. And how your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow. But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself, it is best to compose a poem, an honest verse of longing or simple song of hope. That is why I'm singing.

I saw you for the first time in a while and awkward thoughts brought awkward smiles and I left your room for the very last time and I know that I can't sleep with all of these things, they're running through my head.

Who was I kidding baby? This wasn't meant to be. I needed a believer and you needed to believe. Just don't tell me this doesn't mean the world, because my ears would bleed and my heart would hit the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment